End your reliance on grocery store fruits and veggies for good by starting your own garden in 5 dummy-proof steps.
Imagine making a delicious salad for your family in the evening. You open the fridge just to find that you’ve run out of cucumbers. Closing the fridge door gently, you go out in the backyard and walk by your raised bed garden. There, fresh, delicious, and crispy homegrown cucumbers await you.
All you have to do is pick them off the plant, wash them, and chop them up.
Does this idyllic picture seem too out of reach? It shouldn’t be! Raised bed gardening is the perfect simple approach for beginners who want to grow their own food.
Raised bed gardening eliminates many of the challenges that traditional planting brings to the table.
You’ll be free from having to worry about weeds, pests, and extensive soil manipulations.
Not only that, but raised bed gardening also offers ideal conditions for growing a wide range of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers.
You may now be thinking: So, what does it take to get started?
All you will need to do is complete 5 simple steps to put together your raised bed garden, plant your fruits and veggies, and ensure optimal yields.
In An Introduction to Raised Bed Gardening, you will discover:
- Why a raised bed garden is the right choice for your family
- The most optimum places where you can position a raised bed garden
- Secrets for optimal yield that cost nothing to implement
- A comprehensive list of tools and supplies you’ll need to get your plants to thrive
- , even if DIY isn’t your forte
- 10 kinds of plants that beginners can master from their first growth season
- When to plant your cucumbers, tomatoes and greens if you want maximum yield
- Completely organic fertilization and pest control strategies to keep your plants healthy and increase the quality of the produce
- The best soil care practices to give you amazing crops one season after the other
- 7 raised bed gardening challenges newbies will face, and simple strategies to eliminate each one
And much more!
While you’re probably feeling excited about the prospect of starting your own garden, there could still be some insecurities and hesitation.
Maybe you haven’t been capable of keeping a houseplant alive up to this point–how will you maintain an entire garden? Wouldn’t it be too difficult, too expensive, and too much out of your comfort zone?
Raised bed gardening is the ideal approach for getting started with gardening as many common and tiresome procedures are eliminated altogether. And once you master that, you can move on to the other 9 books in the series that will teach you everything from A to Z about gardening.5
Peter Shepperd gives you everything you need to know from the ground up…literally. There are tidbits of history mixed in with exact details of how to set up your garden. Shepperd covers why you should utilize the raised bed garden system and then reinforces it with logic.
Shepperd gives great detail from dirt to water to planting. I liked the bits of history throughout, if you want to skip that Shepperd has a cheat sheet at the end of each chapter where he regurgitates everything into bullet form.
This is the first book in the series, but I found just this book extremely informative. Shepperd has a conversational way of writing that I like. Overall I give this a total green thumbs up!
I received an ARC of this book and I am writing a review without prejudice and voluntarily.
Amazon Affiliate Notice is on Front Page!
Keep up with the latest reviews and stories on Phoebe’s Randoms by subscribing now!
Meet the Author
Publisher: Wryting Ltd, 16 August 2020
Series: The Green Fingered Gardener #1
4Bio and/or Synopsis are from Goodreads.
Photo credit: Book cover is from Goodreads.